Skip to main content

thescrummaster.co.uk mock quiz for PSM1

Last post 01:27 pm October 11, 2017 by Simon Kneafsey
6 replies
11:45 am September 30, 2017

I took mock quiz for PSM1 on thescrummaster.co.uk and got the below questions - 

1. The Scrum Master must facilitate the Daily Scrum?  False/True. - I selected True.

2. The Development Team must be no smaller than 3 and no larger than 9 members? True/ False - I selected True

3. Development team has only three members, the duration of daily scrum could be - A. Per Team's Decision B. 3 Minutes C. 15 Minutes. - I selected C - 15 Minutes (Correct Answer A)

I responded above questions, as per my understanding. But the result shows its incorrect. I need some elaboration on these. Please advise. 

12:59 am October 3, 2017

My advice is to re-read the Scrum guide and think about your answers.  The key term is MUST in the first two questions.  The Scrum Master facilitates events, as needed.  Also review the Daily Scrum section for more details.

For question 2, same thing, the word MUST is throwing you.  The Scrum Guide uses the term optimal when providing details on team size.

For question 3 the Daily Scrum is time boxed to 15 minutes, but it could end sooner and can be within the time box.

Just my 2 cents.

04:42 am October 3, 2017

I agree with Chris for questions 1 and 2.  You caught the general concepts, but need to read the questions carefully to answer them as they're written.  The Scrum Guide does differentiate between recommendations and requirements.

Question 3 is a bit of a trick question, and I disageee with your answer for a different reason.  A Scrum Team should be (and for the purpose of certification prep, must be) 3-9 people.  But what size should the Developmet Team be?  How many non-developers are typically on a Scrum team?

08:38 am October 3, 2017

The third question is a very bad question from my point of view.

"the duration of daily scrum could be"

Well... It could be 15 minutes. It could also be 3 minutes. Both comply with the maximum amount of time given by the timebox of 15 minutes. But it for sure could not be "per team's decision", as this could also include the daily being 20 minutes if the team decides so. If the question would be based on a team of 20 members (which of course is not recommended), nobody would consider "per team's decision" the correct answer. And as the scrum guide does not consider team size when defining the timebox, we should always have to have any team size in mind, when it comes to basic questions about timeboxes.

03:07 am October 5, 2017

Steven, I agree with you about 3rd question. From my perspective, Option C (Per Team's decision) is not a clear and we cannot assume whether that "Team's decision" comply the timebox of 15 mins for Daily Scrum. Who knows the three member decided to have 1 hours daily scrum? :)

02:26 am October 6, 2017

I agree with Steven Busse

01:27 pm October 11, 2017

I am from TheScrumMaster.co.uk. I agree that question 3 is not a clear one. Not sure where it came from as it is not one of ours and never has been.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.