Skip to main content

Free Kanban assessments?

Last post 12:52 pm May 9, 2018 by Scrum Support
4 replies
08:24 am April 5, 2018

Hello guys,

Does anyone know where can I find free Kanban assessments?

Thnx!

A.H.

01:31 pm April 6, 2018

iHi Amir! 

I am not sure that there is really valuable kanban assessment. It is just my mind so if you not agree ignore my message :)  I heard that here (at scrum.org) will be PSK but do not know when. 

By the way: if you did not see this is kanban guide for scrum teams (https://www.scrum.org/resources/kanban-guide-scrum-teams)

08:11 am April 27, 2018

I am also interested in a PSK Open assessment as I find then invaluable in checking if I'm sufficiently prepared for the  level 1 exams. With an average of $200 per exam take and an 85% required pass, you don't  want to be guessing.

10:29 am May 9, 2018

Please provide an update on if and when an open assessment for PSK will be available.

12:52 pm May 9, 2018

Hello all,

While we do not have an Open Assessment specifically labeled PSK or Professional Scrum with Kanban, taking the Scrum Open is one initial step we would recommend preparing for the PSK I assessment. The PSK I is very much geared toward Using Scrum with Kanban, and is not testing only knowledge of Kanban, but how to apply it together with Scrum. Out of all of the recommendations on the Suggested Reading page the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams is the most important to familiarize yourself with. Many of the chapters in the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams correlate with the different categories on the assessment. This Guide is the result of a collaboration between members of the Scrum.org community and leaders of the Kanban community. Reading this guide is a must for anyone who wishes to do well on the assessment, as it contains questions that ask about more than just Kanban and Scrum alone. 

When we released the PSPO I assessment to the public in 2014, we had not yet developed the Product Owner Open. In fact, people had been taking and passing the PSPO I for two full years before we released the Product Owner Open. We created the Open Assessments to help people grow their knowledge of Scrum, and to give people an idea of the types of questions we ask in our Professional Assessments for certification. While the content will be different for the PSK I assessment, the style of the questions will be similar.

As we note on the website, training is not a pre-requisite to taking the assessment; however, for a subject like this where the intersection of two sets of practices is being combined, there really is no substitute for learning from/alongside others. We would encourage you to consider taking a Professional Scrum with Kanban course before taking the PSK I assessment. 

I hope we were able to address your inquiry. Thank you again, and enjoy your day.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.