Skip to main content

Product Backlog Management

Last post 04:41 pm April 30, 2018 by Maurício Valli
2 replies
09:00 pm April 21, 2018

I recently did and pass the PSPO I and PSM II assessments, but in both of them i did "poorly" in the Product Backlog Management category. While in every single other category i got scores of 100% or very close to 100%, in the Product Backlog Management i got score of 60~65%. This clearly indicates i need to learn more about this subject and i would really appreciate recommendations from where to start.

07:41 am April 24, 2018

Hi Mauricio,

Product Backlog Management is a science itself.

In my experience (which is not vast) I found very usefull this and this

Also, have you read any of the books proposed here (Product Backlog Management section)?

I can recommend you "Product Mastery by Geoff Watts" which is a piece of book relating this topic and focused on the "how part" and on real scenarios.

Get involved in any 'real' product backlog management activity, if that is at your reach. There's nothing like being engaged in a real situation where you must provide solutions to real PB management issues either as a SM, as a team memeber or whatever role you may be playing. Help your Product Owner and evaluate how the PBM could be optimized.

I wish I'd be of more help :/

Best regards.

10:26 pm April 27, 2018

Thanks Juan, it was very helpful :)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.