Skip to main content

Looking for Questionnaire Participants!

Last post 09:10 am May 10, 2019 by Niels Dimmers
2 replies
02:52 pm May 7, 2019

Hello fellow Scrum enthusiasts!

I am looking for participants for a questionnaire I am conducting as a part of my thesis at Lund University's MSc in Management. The study is about the challenges Scrum teams face specifically in their efforts to be self-organizing. The purpose is to asses those challenges and come up with some possible generalizable solutions based on your experiences as practitioners.

Anybody who is/was a part of a Scrum team or interacts with one in their work is more than welcome to participate. This should take roughly 10 minutes unless you answer extensively on all questions. All questions are obviously optional and it's okay to skip questions you don't have input on. Please also feel free to share it with your teams or any colleagues you feel might be interested to voice their opinions.

Link to questionnaire: https://forms.gle/b8nYn78ZF4d8UcA87

Thank you very much for your help!

07:45 am May 10, 2019

Done

09:10 am May 10, 2019

Hey Ahmad,

I filled in the questionnaire, but I have a comment. From my point of view, a self organising team should identify conflicts before they escalate so they can dissolve these conflicts themselves. If there is an open discussion about how many story points a story should be, or about the work during or after a daily scrum, this can be seen as an early identification of conflict and also the early resolve of conflict. Part of my job as a Scrum Master is to identify the "simmering" silent issues no one is talking about, but which might pop up as something that escalates dramatically in the (far) future, so I can pull them forward and have this difference of conflict today.

From this viewpoint, every conflict can be a threat to a team's ability to self organise, but as long as conflicts are handled in a professional and open way, I think they could be used to strengthen the team instead of weaken it. It all depends on how you pick your role as a scrum master.

Niels

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.