Skip to main content

SCRUM Carrer

Last post 07:24 pm May 10, 2019 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
02:59 am May 9, 2019

Hi All,

i have total 8yrs of IT experience in which i have been rotating my self in different domain to survive

Currently am a developer(agile based projects)  and developing skills not so expert. So planning to change my path as scrum master(Moving out of techie stuffs)

Will this be advisable? and i hear people telling like agile methodology will be out of scope and devops has pitched in.

Please advise me how this would do good for me?

Regards

Arun

10:10 pm May 9, 2019

Why are you planning on moving out of a developer role?

Do you not enjoy it?

Do you prefer the idea of a Scrum Master role?

01:20 am May 10, 2019

Nope i would like to support and shape the team out of techie way.

So i found scrum master role plays good role in it.

so wondering about this and all these talks come all of a sudden agile methodology will vanish and devops has come in. how far being scrum master is good for longer run?

06:57 am May 10, 2019

I was a developer, and now I'm a Scrum Master, so the change is possible.

But if you just see it as a career move, I'm not sure whether you will be successful, or enjoy it.

How much do you know and understand about Scrum, agility, empirical decision making, etc? Are you motivated to learn more, and continuously improve as a Scrum Master?

It's possible, and there are a lot of resources to help you (online or otherwise), but to thrive as a Scrum Master, you really need to be motivated.

07:08 am May 10, 2019

What do you feel? Do you feel like a techie, do you feel like a people person, do you feel like you want to help people create awesome products? What do you want to do? This is waaaay more important than any other factor.

Regarding people telling you that devops has pitched in blablabla, the current state of the world is that there is a huge demand for Scrum Masters. Just take a quick look at the LinkedIn job section, for instance. What might happen in the future is unknown, and only leaves us to inspect&adapt. Even if that is job-wise. Being a good Scrum Master will leave you with so many good trades for a lot of other jobs or roles or functions or whatever. What could go wrong, worst case scenario?

07:24 pm May 10, 2019

Currently am a developer(agile based projects)  and developing skills not so expert. So planning to change my path as scrum master(Moving out of techie stuffs)

Will this be advisable?

To what extent is it happening anyway, and not as the result of a career decision?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.