Skip to main content

PMI accept self-paced Scrum Master Learning Path?

Last post 08:56 am January 8, 2021 by Scott Anthony Keatinge
2 replies
08:48 pm November 28, 2019

Hey Everyons,

I wanted to sit for my CAPM and they need 23 hours of project managment.  I am grown out of my technical role and getting more into DevOps but in the aspect of transformational implementation and design while managing the project as a Scrum Master and Scrum Leader I am also doing the solutioning aspect.  Talk about growning a teams skill set out right?

Has anyone here done the Scrum Master Learning Path or any of them at their own placed and used it when they applied for it?

I also reached out to support at scrum.org and got their feedback wanted to as the Scrum Community and see what others have done.

Since it's not the traditional classroom setting not sure if it is acceptal or not and not very clear seems like it can go either way and is upto whoever reviews my Appication over at PMI.

Any feedback would be great or what others have done as a learning path.

Thanks,

Sunny Podder, PAL-I, PSM-I, DB2 DBA UDB, DevOps Arcitect 

08:37 am November 29, 2019

I am grown out of my technical role and getting more into DevOps but in the aspect of transformational implementation and design while managing the project as a Scrum Master and Scrum Leader I am also doing the solutioning aspect. 

I can highly recommend to take this sentence apart and compare this to the Scrum framework and the intent of Scrum Master:) 

08:56 am January 8, 2021

I utilised the SM learning path alonmg with a Udemy course to prepare for and successfully pass the PSM1 exam. 

As I took the learning path after completing the Udemy course, I believe that one could just use the learning path to prepare for the exam if they wanted to. 

The reason why I took the Udemy course was because it wasnt focused on PSM1, and was more about agile management with scrum in relation to agile project management.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.