Skip to main content

Cleared PSM2 on my first attempt

Last post 10:48 am March 6, 2021 by Scott Anthony Keatinge
5 replies
08:29 am December 11, 2019

I cleared PSM2 on my first attempt yesterday.

Now my certifications includes: PMP, PMI-ACP (issued by PMI), PSM1, PSM2, PSPO1, PSD1 and Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist) issued by © Scaled Agile, Inc.

I want to be an Agile coach and/or Scrum coach in the future.

But I don't know what certification I should go next? or what roadmap I need to follow.

Could you please advise me? 

Thank you very much.

08:56 am December 11, 2019

First of all; congrats, well done!

There's no such things as a roadmap to become a Scrum Master. Me personally, I find the term Agile Coach rather vague (although my employer requires me to use the title Agile Coach/Scrum Master. Different topic). With PSM I and II you have proven enough that you are knowledgable about Scrum and Scrum Mastery. "Just" apply for jobs and start gaining some track in the field.

09:18 am December 11, 2019

I want to be an Agile coach and/or Scrum coach in the future.

What about something related to coaching ?

01:34 am December 12, 2019

Some of the Agile Coaches I've met had many years of experience as Scrum Masters before they made the move to Coaching.

10:44 am December 13, 2019

Tran Huu Tan Congratulations on your achievement. Could you please share a little bit of your preparation for the PSM 2 exam? 

Thanks! 

10:48 am March 6, 2021

I passed the PSM2 today. :-)

I did this by first studying the free material suggested by scrum.org, as well as reading the "Scrum Mastery: From Good to Great Servant Leadership" book.  The real life examples in that book were of great help in allowing one to see what possible situations you might be faced with as a SM. 

I just need to gain at least four years experience as a SM so that I can then start the PST application process, as my PSM 1 & 2 grades are above the minimum required for this track. 

I believe that studying for and passing PSM1, PSK, SPS & PSPO1 truly helped me pass the PSM2 in a calm fashion. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.