Skip to main content

Learning Agile Mindset

Last post 04:53 pm November 28, 2023 by Anonymous
5 replies
12:40 pm February 9, 2020

Hi,

I want to make a workshop combined with agile mindset ,roles,ceremonies , agile development ways. Also my main purpose is to teach to 5 development teams what they understand is wrong about agile . Can anyone suggest me a reading or workshop method?

Thanks

06:36 am February 10, 2020

Have you taken any in-person Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach classes? Not just from Scrum.org but from other Agile organizations? One of the benefits of making that investment in yourself (or having your employer make the investment in you) is that you learn how to train, mentor and coach, and you are also provided with a lot of material (like PowerPoint slides) that you can replicate and use in your trainings. 

11:45 am February 12, 2020

Hi,

Unfortunately I just only take two courses related with agile. But none of them were related with coaching. I hope my company support me, but the realty is they are not helping now. I just try to learn a good website or a book.

Thanks

11:59 am February 12, 2020

Try to introduce it in baby steps, change requires time, try to show them how having sprints can save labor and capital costs and help achieve results faster

01:50 pm February 12, 2020

Take a look into Liberating Structures, there are multiple forms of creating highly dynamic workshops this way.

Anonymous
09:41 pm February 15, 2020

Hello,

maybe I do misunderstand you intent here

Also my main purpose is to teach to 5 development teams what they understand is wrong about agile . Can anyone suggest me a reading or workshop method?

but it sounds to me that you wish to present your team with alternatives for the approach to agile. I can only speak from my experience that this might not be the best way to achieve this goal. No matter what kind of aternatives you present the team, it will certainly create at least some blockade. The best way to inspire change is to navigate the team that they can generate the ideas themselves. Then and only then will there be able to adopt and accept change.

This is of course only my point of view and I could read to much into your initial post in this thread. I do hope that these thoughts help you a little bit with your workshop.

Regards

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.