Skip to main content

How to do scrum.org exams when you have dyslexia?

Last post 01:04 pm February 25, 2020 by Henri van der Horst
3 replies
10:32 am February 24, 2020

Hi all,

Somebody I know has failed PSM II a few times. I know him as a very skilled Scrum Master. He has dyslexia and is not a native English speaker. The combination is a big obstacle for him making the scrum.org exams and the complicated way in which questions are asked.

Is there another type of exam you could take other than the regular multiple choice exams?

Thanks,

Henri

02:58 pm February 24, 2020

Hi Henri, 

I have brought up the topic of non native tests before, and the current status from scrum.org is that the google translate plugin is sufficient / very helpful. I personally don't have experience with it, but in regards to dyslexia maybe it is worth speaking directly to one of the people at scrum.org.

Eric Naiburg is probably the best person to ask!

Good luck!

06:53 pm February 24, 2020

Hi Henri and thank you Stephen.

You are correct, the Google Translate Plugin has been very successful for test takers that are not native English speakers.  It is nice because it shows both languages in case you have questions about the translation and is always improving. Learn more about it here.  We also point to it on the Start Pages.  

As for people with Dyslexia, we do take these considerations very seriously, and examine each case on an individual basis. Could you please have them send us (support@scrum.org) official documentation regarding their condition, along with the recommendation that they should be granted more time on tests?  

01:04 pm February 25, 2020

Thank you very much Eric and Stephen. :) I have relayed your information to my colleague. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.