Skip to main content

PROFESSIONAL SCRUM KANBAN (PSK) Quick Reference Guide from Sidharth Bathia

Last post 12:13 am June 30, 2022 by Sidharth Bathia
7 replies
08:46 am July 22, 2020

Hi All,

Will this be a usefull Reference guide for preparation for the PSK exam? Looking forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Belinde de Boer

06:35 pm July 29, 2020

Hi Belinde de Boer,

My Name is Sid and I am the Author this Reference Guide.  I can provide a few more details which might help. Let me begin by saying there is nothing like a Scrum.org certified course. Scrum.org provides the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. The courses ensure that the training goes hand in hand with what’s happening in software development organizations. I recommend a Scrum certified course above anything else.

Real life Scrum Experience is important. That will surely help for the exam.

Everything you need to prepare for the exam (Scrum Guide, Kanban Guide, Blogs, Videos, Assessment Links) can be found in the below link. Make sure you go through the amazing articles written by Steve Porter, Yuval Yeret, and Daniel Vacanti.

https://www.scrum.org/resources/suggested-reading-professional-scrum-kanban

What does the Quick Reference Guide (by Sidharth Bathia) Provide?

This PSK Reference Guide is 3 Parts:

Part 1 consist of a PSM Reference Table which is an effort to decompose, categorize and highlight the most important information present on the Scrum Guide and different forums.

Part 2 (similar to Part 1) consist of a PSK Reference Table which is an effort to decompose, categorize and highlight the most important information present on the Kanban Guide and different PSK related forums.

Part 3 is questions and answers which will help one prepare for the PSK examination. Note the questions and answers are different from the exam and the open assessment. The questions and detailed answers are composed with the intent of explaining the concepts (and not replicating what might come on the exam).

The topics summarized / covered across these 3 parts are:

1. Scrum Definition, Scrum Values, Three Pillars of Scrum Team

2. Product Owner, Development Team, Scrum Master

3. Sprints, Daily Scrum Sprint Planning Sprint Review Sprint Retrospective

4. Product Backlog Sprint Backlog.

5. Definition of Done, Things that do not Exist, Sprint Cancellation 

6. Burn-down Charts, Additional Meetings, Cone of Uncertainty, Opportunities to Adapt and Inspect Time-boxed events, Sprint Goal, Product Release, Role of Management, Value of the Product, Non-Functional Requirements, Scrum Team Velocity, Benefits of Self - Organization

7.Kanban Definition, Kanban Values and Principles, Kanban Workflows and Value Stream

8. Pull and Push System, Service Level Agreement and SLE

9. Kanban Practice (Kanban Board, Limiting WIP etc.)

10. Basic Matrix (Work in Progress, Cycle Time, Work Item Age and Throughput) & Summary Tables

11. Batch Size, ScrumButs, Flow based Events and Roles

12. Little’s Law

Note: This reference guide clearly States the following:

1) Information and Content found on the Scrum Guide, Kanban Guide and other articles is repeated on this Reference guide. Everything is referenced.

2) This Reference guide is not a text book or a replacement to the Scrum or Kanban Guide (or Open Assessment). It's simply your workbook which has content (present on the Nexus & Scrum guide) presented systematically to understand and memorize for the exam. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Sid.

10:07 am January 11, 2021

Hello Sid, could you please share the link to your QFD? 

I am currently goping through the PSK suggested reading in order to then compile the information into logical subject matter; however, I would prefer not to have to reinvent the wheeel if possible.

12:38 pm January 11, 2021

Hi Scott,

I am working on updating the book, based on the new Scrum Guide. I'll update this page as soon as its done. It should be ready by end of this week or next.

Regards,

Sid.

06:52 am January 16, 2021

Thanks for the update Sid.

10:26 am June 21, 2022

Hi Sid

I'm unable to get the sheet of amazon? Is this still available?

thanks and sorry to bring up an old post

05:21 pm June 22, 2022

I teach the PSK and have the reference book.  It's OK. Just make sure you understand what the Kanban class says if you find a conflict.  I've seen a couple of very nuanced mistakes. 

Sid: as the author of a book on passing the exam, why didn't you get the PSK badge?  I'd think that'd be a prime step before writing a book on this topic.

12:13 am June 30, 2022

Hi Chuck. Absolutely. My book can just be used as a reference / revision guide and it's of no value without the scrum courses, scrum learning paths and material. The PSK course is been on my list of things to do. I am hoping to get to it soon! Thank you. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.