Need Advice for passing PSM -1 Certification

Last post 06:37 pm August 12, 2020 by Satyabrata Sahu
4 replies
10:50 pm August 5, 2020

I failed my first attempt and the areas I did poorly were :

Product Backlog Management

Product Value

Scrum Values

Any suggestions on books/ material for these weak areas ?

Thanks in advance.

05:14 pm August 6, 2020

I would suggest starting with the links in those results that were sent to you which point to a number of resources to help.  Also, training is always an option.

02:02 pm August 10, 2020

Agree with Eric. The page about the PSM1 gives all of the info you would need to study to pass the exam with flying colors. Start there.

07:22 am August 12, 2020

Training, like Eric said, is an option that I would always recommend. The lessons and information that you get out of that are vastly bigger than most books or blogs can provide. Also try to do the open assessments as sort of a guideline to see where you could potentially improve.

09:03 am August 12, 2020

Sending the advice from another post

1. Read success story posts on this forum. This gave me a clear direction of how to prepare.

2. Three Resources: Scrum GuideScrum Open Assessment, Techagilist and Mikhail Lapshin's practice exam in real mode.

3. Be an active reader, involve yourself with the Scrum guide and respect its density. Question yourself about understanding of specific rules, roles, artifacts, and events.

Original post: https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/9089/psm1-passed

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.