Skip to main content

Passed PSM III exam

Last post 03:48 pm December 6, 2020 by Gongyuan Chen
6 replies
10:29 am November 21, 2020

I have done it - PSM III exam is passed. Before that I have passed many other exams, but this one was the most difficult for me. I have posted it on LinkedIn, what effect in that many people have asked me how I had prepared, what kind of books I have read etc.

Below you can see a part of the books, which I have studied. Please be aware that I have read as well blogs, articles from PST and watched videos on Scrum.org Youtube channel.

1. Mastering Professional Scrum : A Practitioner's Guide to Overcoming Challenges and Maximizing the Benefits of Agility - Book by Stephanie Ockerman and Simon Reindl

2. The Professional Product Owner: Leveraging Scrum as a Competitive Advantage - Book by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham

3. Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition - Book by Lyssa Adkins - she/her Adkins

4. The Nexus Framework for Scaling Scrum Dave West

5. Customers who viewed Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time Jeff Sutherland

6. User Story Mapping: Discover the Whole Story, Build the Right Product Book by Jeff Patton

7. Agile Estimating and Planning Mike Cohn

8. Influence: Science and Practice by Robert Cialdini

9. Agile Retrospectives - Making Good Teams Great Autor Esther Derby

10. Agile Retrospectives Done Quickly by Marc Löffler

11. Drive by Daniel Pink

12. Emotional Inteligence by Daniel Goleman

13. Management 3.0 by Jurgen Appelo

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, I will do my best to answer each question. You can find me on LinkedIn portal.

12:49 pm November 27, 2020

12:46 pm December 1, 2020

Congratulations on a fantastic ahievement, @Piotr and thanks for sharing your awesome reading list.

I reinforce @Lars' view that Gunther Verheyen's book : Scrum - A Pocket Guide, would make a very worthwhile addition. 

I still get asked for book recommendations for people preparing for PSM III and I think you've both just provided my aggregated list.  Thank you

08:18 pm December 5, 2020

The Professional Scrum Team (The Professional Scrum Series) has been released a few days ago. At first sight very promising. I just read a chapter but I love this book already.

You immediately notice that the authors have lots of experience. They write about common problems that Scrum Teams have, propose solutions and give you questions to think about. Questions that I never thought about and that make you wonder ‘good question but how to find a solution ?’ For example about resolving conflicts and measuring success. Not for people that just started learning about the Scrum framework.

Book

09:02 am December 6, 2020

Thank you very much for your comment, Lars. It is great to hear that you like our book and that it helps you think about questions that otherwise might go unnoticed. That was exactly what Uwe, Kurt and I were trying to achieve.

If you still like the book after reading the remaining chapter it would be awesome if you could write a review on Amazon.

And if you have any feedback I am more than happy to hear it.

03:47 pm December 6, 2020

Thanks for everyone,i will next year try PSMIII

i hope this posts help me 

and 

Hi Piotr, allow me to mention “Scrum – A Pocket Guide: A Smart Travel Companion, 2nd Edition” by Gunther Verheyen.

so true 

03:48 pm December 6, 2020

Book

Thanks sharing 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.