Skip to main content

It's not difficult to pass PSM 1

Last post 05:38 pm August 3, 2023 by Rene Pierre Moch
82 replies
04:34 am March 26, 2017

I cleared the exam yesterday and I wanted to share my take on  - "How I cleared the exam!" 

Well, I got 89%. I might have been a little slow in reading the questions/options and ended up not having enough time to review few flagged answers. 

But yes, I cleared the exam at the first go. 

It all started here - https://scrum101.com/ - and It's free. When you sign up, you will start receiving an email per day  from Kane Mar with a link to short videos which are less than 5 minutes. 

Here's how I prepared for the exam. 

1. Printed out the Scrum guide

a. Read the Scrum Guide on the train while heading to work. 

b. Tried Scrum open assessment and no doubt, didn't pass!

c. Read the guide again, this time managed to get close to 90%.

d. Learnt which questions I was going wrong from feedback which you get after completing Scrum open assessment.

c. While looking for free study material, got hold of this book -" The Scrum Master Training Manual" by Nader K. Rad and Frank Turley ( Management Plaza). it's free           and just 35 pages. 

f. Tried Open Scrum assessment and got 100%. After which I was consistently hitting a 100% 

g. Tried Open PO assessment (15 Qs) and got 70% which made me realise that I was not ready yet So,

h. Read Scrum Guide again and got 100% consistently in Open PO assessment as well. 

Read the Scrum guide like 6 times before I took the exam and yes, I didn't buy any other material to practice. 

You may have to unlearn few things that you know about Scrum and Please don't read multiple books this will only help you get confused. You just need to understand Scrum Guide. 

Hope this helps anyone taking the exam. 

05:17 pm March 27, 2017

Congratulations Pradeep.

Can you state that you were able to answer questions on scaled scrum or should we assume that you did not get any questions on scaled scrum/Nexus?. You did not mention that you read the Nexus guide from Scrum.org.

A lot of people talk about Mplaza question sets. Is it really necessary to be sure of a pass?. After all, the more tests, the better the confidence but if the test questions don't quite mimic the real test in language and complexity, then it might not be worthwhile.

06:04 am March 29, 2017

Thanks Cecil.

I didn't read Nexus guide and I can't comment if there were questions on scaled scrum in the assessment. The way I thought before taking the exam was - " It's Scrum Level 1 assessment and really shouldn't have questions outside of scrum guide".

Scaled scrum is an intermediate-level assessment and I don't think Scrum.org should include questions from Nexus guide in PSM 1 (Level 1).  

Well, For PSM 1 assessment - Scrum Guide and Open assessment are good. 

Few questions would show up in the exam where you can save some time and utilize it on another question. 

More practice will definitely help you get quicker in the exam. 

03:38 pm March 30, 2017

I have been attempting the Scrum practitioner test of 15 questions and I repeatedly get 86.7%. I am not able to figure out what answers are incorrect and I am looking for some help. If anybody is willing to take a look and let me know what is incorrect. There are 2 that are presumably wrong. I have saved the screen shots.

06:50 pm March 30, 2017

Happy to help !

06:52 pm March 31, 2017

Thanks Manvender. How do I get in touch to send the file with screenshots.

11:36 pm April 2, 2017

I passed the PSM 1 my first time with 100%

The initial drive came from a three day "training" by my employer.  As I challenged the Agile Coach about the material being presented, I found issues with what was being sold.  There was no mention of the Manifesto for Agile Software Development or The Scrum Guide.

Soon after, I found and read The Scrum Guide.  I read it several times, challenging myself to understand the "why" of each of the roles, events, artifacts, and the rules.  I would ask myself, "What benefits would be lost if XYZ were removed from the framework?"

Much as the Manifesto came after Scrum, I found it and invested the similar effort into understanding it.  The history provided at that site was beneficial.  It was a common sense set of values and principles very easily consumed.

The Open Assessments were a great test of my knowledge.  If I missed a question, I reviewed the applicable areas of The Scrum Guide and took time to further evaluate my understanding.  Other sources seemed to contradict or diminish the simple beauty that was the power of the Scrum framework.

Of course each person has their own journey to enlightenment.  I wish y'all well.  My hope is that true appreciation and understanding can flourish, so that I can see the improvement in the people and organizations around me.

04:49 pm April 3, 2017

I passed PSM 1 with 99% (1 answer was incorrect). I read and re-read Scrum Guide multiple times. After a first couple of reads, I gave the http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/. The test helped reveal that I should be reading the Scrum Guide more closely which I did and then attempted the PSM 1 Open Assessment. I did not get 100% which made me look for more resources. From this forum I came across a book: Scrum Narrative and PSM Exam Guide by M.M Soukath Ali. I bought this over Amazon and gave it a few days to read. It helped as it slowed down my pace a bit, letting the concepts sink in better. Moreover the qns after every page or so, helped in active learning. Its full fledged assessment at the end also helped challenge the understanding of concepts. I read the Scrum Guide again after this book and tried PSM Open assessment and now I scored 100%. I checked myself over a couple of days giving PSM Open assessments and consistently got 100%. Thinking I might not be covering well inspite of getting 100% in PSM Open Assessment, I gave the PSPO Open assessment and Nexus Open assesment. I did well in PSPO (got 2 wrong) but rather poorly in Nexus. I didnt try Nexus again. I also tried the Developer Open assessment and did very poorly there but I can for sure say that its not needed for PSM 1 exam. Even Nexus is not needed but it will not harm if you give the test once just so that you are aware of some concepts. PSPO Open assessment is not a must have but doing it once will help in building the confidence. I did not use any other resources other than the ones mentioned above. I will suggest going through some other scrum.org resources (which are very quick read) towards the end will help revise the concepts - https://www.scrum.org/resources/ways-learn-about-scrum.

Best of luck in passing PSM 1 certifications for those who are planning to do it.

10:13 pm April 4, 2017

I also found it useful to read the Scrum and Developer glossary. Filter for them under Resources.

04:13 am April 6, 2017

HI ,

I followed all the post and got only 9 out of 15 from srum practioner exam.. I have already failed once in PSm and does not want to leave any stone unattended. Can you please go thru the below link and let me know the questions I have gone wrong.. pl

https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/8181/scrum-practioner-questions

05:57 am July 5, 2017

I put together a handbook for quick reference - Hope it can be of any help ! 

https://www.slideshare.net/PradeepPapanna/scrum-master-handbook

06:55 pm February 6, 2019

80 questions for one hour assessment are too much; I read the Scrum Guide many times and done test assessment with 100% score, but the real exam must be extendend at least at 90'!!

09:41 pm February 8, 2019

All due respect Daniele, it's not too much. The exam is designed to test whether you know the content. At least half of the questions can be done in less than 20-30 seconds. The exam is not designed to be easy to pass, that's what the CSM is for. 

02:39 pm February 11, 2019

@Curtis Slough I should be agree with Daniele Mancin - the exam should be 20 - 30 minutes longer for the ones that are not English native speakers.

08:51 pm February 11, 2019

Hello Carmen,

Thank you for your feedback. With over 190,000 professionals holding the PSM I credential (most of whom are non-native English speakers), we can assure you the assessment was designed to consider different mother tongues.

All of our professional assessments are available in English only, and unfortunately we are unable to alter this. With the amount of question refinement we do to ensure a high-quality assessment, it's not scaleable to maintain translations in other languages. We have been contacted with some similar inquiries, however, to maintain consistent and non-biased certification results, we must have all users assessed on the same terms, regardless of native language. The majority of our clientele are from countries where English is not the first language, and many of them have been able to overcome the language barrier by following our suggestions below.

For preparation, we strongly recommend that you follow as many steps as possible on our Ways to Learn About Scrum page.

To maximize your understanding of the Scrum framework, we suggest that you first study the Scrum Guide in your native language. Once you feel confident in your knowledge, please then review the English version of the guide, so you can become more familiar with the vocabulary and other terms which may be seen on the assessment. You can evaluate your level of basic comprehension by taking the practice Open Assessments.

We strongly recommend taking the Scrum Open Assessment until you are able to consistently achieve a score of 95% or higher. Some of these questions (or similar variations) may appear on the certification assessments, so it is a good way to practice the basic concepts. Please be aware, however, that the Scrum Open Assessment is a study tool, and will not have the same level of difficulty as the professional-level assessments.

Again, we are sorry that we are unable to offer the assessment in other languages, but we hope you will find our resources helpful in your preparation.

08:25 pm March 23, 2019

I very recently took the PSM 1 exam and passed with a 86.3. Yeah, it was by the skin of my teeth but I'm satisfied. I was surprised to see so many questions on material not covered by the Scrum Guide. I think the hardest part was going through the exam and not answering questions based on what my (at the time) current organization was doing.I should mention that I am a disabled combat veteran with multiple disabilities to include a Traumatic Brain Injury, but here's what worked for me:

Download the Scrum Guide. Read it repeatedly. Whenever you're ready, get a set of note cards and create five categories. I chose Theory, Artifacts, Events, Team and anything I felt doesn't fall clearly into the first four categories I listed. Write as many notes on items that you're unclear on as possible. As the exam is timed, it's a lot faster to find information on cards than it is to open a browser window, google it, etc. There are a few decent free practice exams online as well. Take them a few times and write down the questions you got wrong. Google the answers if they don't offer practice mode that tells you the correct answers. I will say that even the best free practice exams don't offer questions on material not covered in the scrum guide, though. 

I honestly don't know where I would have found the questions on material not found in the scrum guide. No scrum.org classes were offered anywhere near me and I didn't have the bandwidth to travel to where they might be. For that reason, I feel lucky to have passed. 

09:21 am March 26, 2019

Congrats, Scott, that's a massive achievement given the circumstances. Well done!

02:33 pm April 2, 2019

Hi, sorry but is not enough.

I've tried 3 times (paying 135€ each time), my best score was 83,8 (1,2 point far from the score) and because of the SCRUM.ORG policies I really don't know which were the wrong answers.

The other thing is, taking all the open assessments, Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer and Nexus (of course reading Scrum Guide and Nexus Guide)  and passing all of them with 100 scores, is not enough also... Of course, the 2 days training looks like it is not mandatory but... to be honest... I'm not so sure about it.

If any of you have another suggestion, I'm open to hearing about it, but I'm really thinking seriously coz after investing 405€ and not being able to see the wrong questions... not sure about this procedure.

Thanks!

12:48 pm April 3, 2019

Sorry to hear about that, Daniel. 

I'd recommend you maintain your focus. PSM1 requires a right understanding of the Scrum Guide, and all your answers should come in agreement with it. In other words, make sure your answers derive from the Scrum Guide rather than your previous knowledge (or perhaps "application" of Scrum)

It is of course painful and demoralizing, not to mention costly, to keep failing. But try to understand where you fail and learn from that.

What I'm saying is, look at the "Summary of Results by Section" area in the scrum.org email that comes once you completed the assessment (you'll have 3 emails to check). You'll see a few (4 shown to me) subject areas, and a "Percentage Scored" next to each. Anything less than 90% must be studied and understood.

And surely, if there are variations for one subject area in your 3 attempts (say, for "Scrum Framework", you scored 88% the first time, 60% the second time and 75% the third time), then I'd say that is quite conclusive: you need to study AND understand more. If, conversely, the data shows that you consistenly achieve good results in some areas (using the same example, you consistently scored over 90% in "Scrum Framework", as in 91% on first attempt, 93% in second, and 91% in third), then focus on the other ones.

Good luck!

03:49 pm April 3, 2019

Hi Daniel,

I understand it can be very disheartening after 3 attempts. I will suggest that you take help external resources such as Mikhail Lapshin's website etc. I attempted all these exams until I started getting 100% on all under 20 min. Only after that I was confident to register and appear for the exam. Scrum guide is the bible, no other text can replace it (I found mplaza guide incorrect at places at the time). There are gaps that you will have to fill. I read it more than 10 times. After 5th reading, i was able to see through the gaps. If you want to study some more I will suggest Gunther Verheyen's Pocket Guide, or his blogs on Scrum.

One day before real deal - I attempted scrum open 5 times, Mikhail Lapshin's twice. Read scrum guide once - one hour time. 

On the finale day, I attempted the Scrum open one last time and then went on to appear for real deal, on a Sunday morning, away from home and disturbances of the world. Please see that you at least have 10-15 minutes for revision. I did that and changed answers for at least 5 questions. That could have been turning point for me.

I will suggest that you keep your tempo up. All the best! I am sure you will crack it.

V.

04:57 am April 4, 2019

Sorry to hear how demoralising you've found it Daniel.

I've passed the PSM 1 on my second attempt, at 96%. Here's how I prepared for it:

1. I took some time to feel demoralised. In the privacy of my home I blamed Scrum.org, my colleagues and myself. Then used this emotion to fuel my desire to get that certification for the next steps.
  2. Studied the information linked to from the Suggested Reading and Learning Path pages.
  3. Took the open assessments for the PSM 1 and PSPO 1, studying again in between until I was consistently getting over 95% in both.
  4. Found a suitable quiet location with reliable internet, bought my exam and sat it.

Good luck and may the Scrum be with you!

01:42 pm April 4, 2019

Hello

I passed my PSM 1 couple weeks ago in first try.

Tips from me read scrum guide couple times and go ahead take assessment that is offered by scrum.org.  also do some practice exams that is offered by many platform but the key to pass this exam is scrum guide.  

Good luck

Nayna

03:18 pm April 4, 2019

Hi Everyone, 

Happy to say that I passed the PSM 1 exam on the first try and wanted to share how I prepared for it.

First of all I wanted to mention that I thought the real exam was more difficult than the assessment as it was more situational based, while the open assessment was more basic. But understanding the scrum guide and not only memorizing it was enough to pass it. 

- I strongly recommend (like every one else) to keep on doing the open assessment for both Scrum Open and Product Owner until you keep on getting 100% in less than 10 minutes. This will save you time on the real exam.

- Keep on repeating Mikhail Lapshins free assessment as well until you keep on getting 100% in a short amount of time

- Create flash cards with questions based on the scrum guide. So that each sentence in the scrum guide basically becomes a question with an answer. This will help you understand the material better and memorize the importance of each section.

I did not take a scrum course, nor did I read any extra material as the scrum guide itself has everything you need to know. First I tired reading some other material as well but realized this only made me confused. 

While doing the exam I marked the questions that I had some difficulties with and went back to them later on. I spent approximately 35 minutes to answer every question (marking the ones I was not sure about) and then I had more than enough time to go back to the ones that I was not sure about, reflect on the content in the scrum guide and my flash cards.

I hope this help! 

Good luck!

Victoria

08:26 am June 12, 2019

Happy to say that I have passed PSM I exam with 92.5%.

Though I have passed the exam but I am really furious to know what what all questions went wrong, probably just to keep my concept corrected but I understand as per Scrum policies we cant get that detailed feedback.

Many thanks to all of you as these forums really helped me to prepare and cover all the based to clear final exam.

Cheers

Sharad 

01:38 pm June 12, 2019

Congratulations Sharad.  If we sent everyone the questions that they got wrong, there would be NO value in the test because everyone would have the questions.  But I do understand your desire to have them.  This is in-line with industry standards that have been set for testing and certification bodies including Project Management Institute (PMI), as well as Microsoft, and The College Board SAT Testing, for example. 

10:10 pm August 27, 2019

Hi all, I am planning to give PSM tonight. I have gone through Scrum Guide and able to get 95%+ in open assessment, question banks and Mikhails. But reading this thread has given me some doubts.

About what % of significantly differently questions are outside the common resources? Like questions, which one can answer only from there experience in scrum and not from sources.

Thanks

08:58 am August 28, 2019

Found it useful.

02:09 pm September 12, 2019

I passed PSM 1 with 95% thank to all the comments on this forum. A few tip I have that might be helpful:

- Try to use a table to outline responsibilities of PO, Dev Team and Scrum Master across different scrum events. That way you can immediately look back at each role's responsibility in split second in case you forget during the exam

- I purchased the Volkerdon mock exams but I don't think they are 100% necessary to pass the exam. Some of the questions are more related to the Nexus concept which is not part of PSM1; there are also a large amount of qs overlap between the 4/5 mocks I purchased, which I thought was a bit stupid. Having said that it was only after passing all the purchased mocks that I felt like I was ready for the exam

- Do not be fooled by people who said they have only spent 1 week or 2 studying and passed the exam; it took me 2 months to have the concept formed in my brain and to be able to answer qs WITHOUT looking at any materials 

- A lot of people complained about slow interface. I booked a meeting room at my office and did the exam during lunch hour on a weekday and it was perfectly fine; I completed all qs within 30 mins (with a lot of uncertainty) and was able to spend the rest of the time flipping through notes to finalize my answers

- Lastly, unless you are aiming at 100%, there will be qs that you are uncertain of, so don't panic but just do well in those straight forward ones, remember this is a multiple choice exam so you can always screen through the answers and eliminate those that are obviously wrong!

07:13 pm September 13, 2019

Just took and passed the test. 100% on first try. I think about 50% of the questions are "gimmies" assuming someone has some experience with Scrum. Probably 20-40% beyond that requires an understanding of the Scrum Guide. The last bit dives into development and leadership theory beyond scrum.

The test is well worded and deductive reasoning can rule out a lot of bad answers. One question presented an answer set that could be deduced through pure logic. I enjoyed that one. :-) 

06:36 am September 20, 2019

Took the first attempt and passed the exam 87.5%. Read the scrum guide and understand the concepts really to the depth of it.

Logically understand the questions asked and rule out the wrong ones.

06:16 am November 12, 2019

I have cleared the PSM I certification in first attempt with 98.8% score on 2nd November. The exam is not that difficult and two to three weeks preparation is good enough for clearing this test.

Read the scrum guide really well as you can expect questions on every line written in guide. After reading the guide 4 to 5 times , start doing the sample test ( Scrum Open and Product Owner Open ) given in scrum.org and  PSM I™ Preparation Quiz – Real Mode(MPLAPSHIN). Questions mentioned here will give you more understanding on scrum roles, events, rules & artifacts.

Review every incorrect question and try to understand the concepts behind them by revisiting scrum guide. You can schedule the exam when you start getting 100 % consistently in the above mentioned sample exams.

01:24 pm January 18, 2020

Hi all, 

I've been scoring 100% on Mplashin (Both PSM and PSPO) and Scrum Open assessments (Both PSM and PSPO) but just bought Volkerdon practice tests to practice a bit more but I'm finding lots of questions outside of Scrum Guide and mentioning things like roles and responsibilities of Project Managers etc. Are these related to  PSM1 exam at all? My understanding is that PSM1 exam is based on Scrum guide and Agile principles. If anyone can please clarify whether or not I should waste time on Volkerdon, that'll be much appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Kiran

07:06 pm January 19, 2020

My two cents: you can rely on the Scrum.org assessment. Mlapshin.com is helpful too and don't see any issue using it to prepare. Other than than that, beware.

04:27 pm February 24, 2020

Hi All,

I cleared my PSM -1 on 23rd Feb 2020 with 96.3% score :). So happy.

The comments in this forum from all you helped me a lot to prepare for the assessment.

I pretty much followed the same tips I found here while preparing and the result just proved it. Thanks again!

To start with - 

1. Take a print out of the Scrum Guide. Read it at least twice to first grab a basic understanding.

2. Go for the Open Assessments under Scrum.org. This will help you to know the type of questions that can be formed about each line that you read in the Scrum guide.

3. Now again read the Scrum Guide, read it thoroughly this time and you would see that the questions in the open assessment are actually from the scrum guide and sometimes you miss those lines thinking they are not so important.

4. So, make sure you know the Scrum Guide by heart :P.

5. I took the assessments on https://mlapshin.com/. Both Learning and Real Mode are really helpful. You will get few similar questions in the actual assessment from these.

6. Also, read the Nexus Guide. It is pretty much similar to the Scrum Guide - the structure. So, it would be easy to understand.

7. I also bought a Udemy assessment course - 

Scrum Master 1™ Exam Prep - Pass on your FIRST try!

High quality exams, 480 Scrum PSM1™ practice questions and 6 practice exams for the scrum PSM 1™ online Certification.

This course was so so good. Lots of questions to practice and with the descriptions. So, you would learn new things as well. The actual assessment had a lot of similar questions as given in this course - some were line to line similar. Please go for it.

8. Few questions in the actual assessment were tricky and some were lengthy too. So, they really consume your time. You have to be really quick while doing them. 

9. Make a note of the questions/concepts you usually mark wrong while giving mock tests.

Good luck to you all !

Thanks,

Pankhuri Monga

03:01 pm February 27, 2020

Just cleared my PSM-I exam with 93.8%. Here is how I went about preparing for it:

Duration: 3 weeks

Preparation:

1. Read Scrum guide 5 times
  2. Read PSM suggested reading list and topic areas
  3. Took up scum open assesment till I was consistently getting +90%
  4. Took Mikhail Lapshin mock test - 3 times 
  5. Took all 5 Volkerdon mock test - once each

Tips:

1. When in doubt use method of elimination
  2. Sit with pen and paper, keep track of unsure questions so you can revisit them later
  3. Make note of how many options need to be checked for a given question (best 2, top 3, etc)
  4. Avoid checking for answers on internet, it is time consuming

Good luck!!  

08:02 pm February 29, 2020

Yes it is not difficult. I passed today with 100% score.

10:18 am March 1, 2020

I just cleared my PSM 1, I'm actually aiming for my PSPO 2 but wanted to get certs for my past training/work experiences.

Prep/Result:

Result: 93.5%

Prep time: 1 day (I decided to get it this weekend)

Prep materials: ScrumGuide, brushing up on Nexus, Product Owner Open, Scrum Open (for baseline), Mikhail Lapshin Mock test

Tips:

- If you have scrum/dev/PO experience, it's not too bad, just a lot of curve-ball questions especially with scaling and light case-study type questions.

- Definitely write down the questions you feel iffy on, and run through all the easy fundamental stuff. 80 questions in 60 minutes is actually not a lot of time. 

- Make sure you're comfortable with the full wording of Scrum Guide, some of the questions require deduction by process of elimination on their wording alone. Some answers can contain only a single word that disqualifies it as being valid. 

- Please do not only rely on the ScrumGuide and practice tests; the PSM 1 actually has a lot of questions designed to make you apply drilled knowledge to 'problem solve' a question. Practice test questions are at best 10% of the total lineup, they don't cover scaling, relationships between Scrum Team, documentation, non-functional items etc.

- Definitely do the PO and Nexus Opens, there is a lot of overlap and benefits! 

I definitely underestimated the test and passed by experience, so please don't make that mistake! 

01:43 pm March 23, 2020

I cleared my PSM 1, last evening with 86.3%. it took 3 hours of prep to review the Scrum guide. Honestly, we practice most of the scrum frame work at work and that helped me to understand and skim thru the guide in couple of hours. I felt time is short for 80 questions in 60 min because some of the questions and answers are lengthy to read and understand in that short amount of time (for some questions, need to use the elimination process). 

06:21 pm March 23, 2020

I cleared PSM-1 with 98.8%. If someone is using Scrum at work the right way, he will find this certification a cakewalk.

03:37 pm May 26, 2020

Hello Everyone,

Happy to share, I cleared my PSM 1 yesterday with 100% result. Thanks for all the articles and discussions in the Scrum forum.

02:27 am June 11, 2020

I have successfully managed to pass PSM 1 exam.

It's bit tricky to answer all 80 questions in 60 minutes.

I think prior experience of working in good agile scrum environment would be good to understand and relate how things work in real life.

Reading Scrum guide multiple time is a must.

Understand the Scrum concept well and don't take the exam lightly.

08:42 am June 12, 2020

Happy to say that, i have cleared PSM 1 certification with 95% last week, i have followed the guidelines provided in this post. along with the above guidelines, i have attempted several test in Udemy for PSM1. it really helped and shaped my understanding on Scrum and it gave different perspective to Scrum guide. 

02:51 pm June 28, 2020

Thank you all for the guidance over this forum which helped prepare for the exam. Passed PSM 1 with 100% in first attempt.

Followed below study preparation:

1. Read Scrum guide 4-5 times minimum.

2. Practice tests from Open assessments - SM and PO, mlapshin (Real mode) & udemy course and practice exams by Valentin D.

3. Practice the mock tests mentioned above till you get 100% in all or near 100%

4. Read Scrum Glossaries

5. Make your own quick notes

6. Optional - quick read of Nexus / EBM

Good luck !!!

04:52 am August 18, 2020

Hi Guys,

I am planning to take my PSM 1 exam in a month. I have just started the preparation with the Scrum Guide.

1) I am planning to take the assessment test in a week.

2) Mikhail Lapshin mock test -

3) Free tests from the scrum experts - https://www.thescrumexperts.com/

4) Volkerdon Tests

is this sufficient? are there any scenario based questions in the exam?

Thanks for your help.

10:53 am August 25, 2020

Hi All,

Yesterday I took PSM1 and passed with 96.3%.

Scrum Guide, Glossary (also Nexus and EBM), all Open assessments on this site, mlapshin site quizzes and Volkerdon free tests helped me to pass it. Moreover going through the scrum.org forum discussions helped me to get some confidence.

Thanks & Regards,

Rama

08:09 am August 29, 2020

Just passed the exam with the 95% !! Thanks for all your suggestions and advices ! That helps really a lot for preparing the exam !!! It's kind of pity to not see a feedback of the questions that i didn't get the right answer. But i know in which area i'll have to work more harder in the future !! 

Scrum on !!!

05:00 pm September 26, 2020

Just passed the PSM I exam with 97.5%. Thanks a ton to everyone for you suggestions and advises. It helped me to prepare for exam and the quizzes boosted my confidence.

Basically all you need to clear this exam is: 2 weeks of preparation is more than enough.

1. Thorough understanding on Scrum Guide, Glossary and Competencies. go through it as many times as you can to gain confidence.

2. Attempt the mlapshin courses both Learning and Real mode, this guys is gem and if you can score 100% in these quizzes then you can definitely pass the exam. Try going through both Scrum Master and PO questions.

https://mlapshin.com/index.php/scrum-quizzes/

3. Go through Udemy courses for PSM if possible (I did one from Valentin Despa) and attempt the 3 Practice Tests provided by him.

Trust me you don't need anything else to clear this exam. It's pretty much easy if you understand Scrum Guide, Glossary and Competencies.

Good luck everyone!

Connect with me on linkden if you need any help.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sspal91/

03:12 am November 19, 2020

Hi Guys,

I wrote PSM 1 assessment today and cleared it with 92.5%. I would like to share info on what I did for the preparation. 

1.  First and Most important is Scrum Guide. Read till you understand the real meaning of sentences. I am working using Scrum framework for over 4 years so that definitely help me.

2. Scrum Open and Product Owner Open assessment - found few questions based on these open assessments as well.

3. Mikhail Lapshin Mock Test - This mock tests are very helpful and will help to get better with timing to complete the test.

4. Volkerdon Tests - This is another course and mock tests I did. Excellent resource with information on each question

I did not read the nexus guide. But I had some idea on it so when I encountered smaller percentage of questions, I used elimination techniques to get close to what is known to be the best possible answer.

This is it. More you go through different materials, more it will get confusing. So stick to limited documentation and practice till you get perfect score. An when get stuck, always try to use elimination of wrong answers.

Overall, a perfectly balanced exam to test theoretical (Scrum guide knowledge) as well as practical knowledge on Scrum.

Good luck to anyone appearing for assessment in future.

12:01 pm November 23, 2020

This forum was really helpful.

Thanks a lot for your guidance. The course content and the practice tests was designed in such a way to understand the scrum very much. I have passed the exam in my first attempt with a score of 96.3%

Did the following to understand the scrum and pass the certification. 

1. Registered myself and practiced the mock tests in https://www.volkerdon.com/ - Thanks team.

2. Read the scrum and Nexus guide .

3.https://mlapshin.com/ - Practiced the mock tests in RM mode. Thanks Mikhail

Try to answer the 80 questions in 40 minutes, so that you can review the bookmarked items and review the answers in the remaining 20 mins.

05:14 pm December 27, 2020

If the organization's goal is to promote Scrum around the world, why the certification is paid?

It seems Scrum.org prefers to earn money from certifications rather than giving real benefits to the people who manage development and sustaining of complex products.

06:54 pm December 27, 2020

@Tomasz, Scrum.org provides thousands of free resources to help you learn and grow with Scrum. Not even a login to get this is required. All of this as a part of our mission to help people and teams solve complex problems. No certification is required to practice Scrum or use any of these resources. 

The cost of the certification has not changed since its inception in 2009.  If you want Scrum to grow, support for the certification and the resources to be made available that requires some way of paying for it otherwise it would cease to exist. Additionally, a big part of Scrum is about delivering Value to stakeholders and in this case it is both certification takers, and the people who have to support them. If the certification were free, little value would be perceived in the certification and no value for the organization to support it causing it to not exist.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.