Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials Live Virtual Class, Jan 10-13, 2022
Leaders and managers of Agile teams face many challenges as their organizations transition and transform. This Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed to help you explore how to create an environment that supports agility, empowers teams, and enables you organization to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. This workshop is a unique mix of theory and practice, optimized for the best learning experience.
After the class, you will get a passcode to take the PAL I assessment. After passing the assessment, you will gain the industry recognized PAL 1 certification, which will never expire.
This highly interactive class is delivered virtually over four half-day sessions, which our students love! Our half-day sessions allow you to balance the course with your work, while enabling high focus and deep learning during class time.
As an added benefit of attending this class from Unstuck Careers, you get a one-hour professional coaching session after the class. You can use this session for PAL I assessment preparation, coaching to apply what you have learned, or whatever else you need!
Private classes and group discounts are available!
Price: USD 1475
Early Bird Price: USD 1275 until Jan 3, 2022
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course provides a foundation for leaders' role in creating the conditions for a successful Agile transformation. Students explore how the principles and values of Scrum help guide leaders in the decisions they make to create an environment for agility to thrive.
Leaders in Agile environments can find their role quite different from what they are used to, shifting focus to enabling teams to solve complex problems creatively. Students in this PAL-E class will discover perspectives and techniques for fostering growth in people in the various Scrum roles to sustain long-term agility to benefit their organizations and customers.
- Why Agile matters
- Agile challenges
- Leaders sustain agility
- Developing people
- Measuring agility
In this course, students will:
- Identify potential opportunities, challenges, and impacts of Agile in terms of business value and why this is so important to the next generation organization
- Understand techniques to support teams to sustain long-term agility, including the role that leaders play, shifts in thinking, and the relationship between complexity and empiricism
- Discover ways to continue the development of the people to help them grow and prosper in an agile way of working
- Explore how to measure and guide agile product delivery
Who Should Attend
- Leaders who are involved in the adoption of Agility in their organizations
- Those leading one or more Scrum teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other leaders on Scrum Teams
- Managers who are responsible for developing people in the Scrum teams
- Senior Executives, acting as a sponsor for and developing leadership for the Agile transformation
Students will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have read and studied the Scrum Guide
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Want to expand their capabilities as an Agile leader, to the benefit of their organization
Assessment & Certification
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) assessment, included in the cost of the course. In addition, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PAL I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no cost.
This industry-recognized PAL certification requires a minimum passing score.
What Is Included
- A soft copy of the course materials
- One free attempt at the PAL I assessment (does not expire) - a $200 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PAL I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- As an added benefit of attending this class from Unstuck Careers, you get a one-hour professional coaching session after the class. You can use this session for PAL I assessment preparation, coaching to apply what you have learned, or whatever else you need!
About The Trainer
Mark Wavle has been licensed to teach Scrum.org courses since 2016, having taken the PSM class from Ken Schwaber. Since then, he has taught thousands of students in hundreds of Scrum.org classes: Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), and Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) - excellent, impactful courses that are well-maintained by the community of trainers.
He's been an employee in and consultant for Fortune 500 companies, regional organizations, and non-profits, working as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, course designer, Leadership Coach, Practice Manager, and National Agile Lead. The diverse industries include medical decide manufacturing, medical insurance, P&C insurance, retail, banking, PLM software, and utilities.
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Unstuck Careers is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "Extremely useful materials I will take back to my teams."
- "After this class, I have many ideas now on how to work with management on how to lead in an agile setting."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "My favorite part was that the instructor could accommodate all levels of learning - novice to expert."
- "Real-life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
- "I would take another class with Mark in a heartbeat."