Professional Scrum Master Live Virtual Class, Feb 28-Mar 3, 2022
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the cutting-edge course for Scrum Masters and any leader supporting a product team's effectiveness. This course covers the Scrum basics, including the principles and theory underpinning the mechanics, rules, and roles of the Scrum framework. Based on these foundational insights, you will learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of products. In addition, advanced thinking tools are introduced to support servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and addressing the organization.
You will learn through interactive instruction and team-based exercises and will be challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to understand better how to apply them to benefit your organization, teams, and products.
This highly interactive class is delivered virtually over four half-day sessions, which our students love! Our half-day sessions allow you to balance the course with your work, while enabling high focus and deep learning during class time.
Private classes and group discounts are available!
Price: USD 1475
Early Bird Price: USD 1275 until Feb 21, 2022
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the cutting-edge course for Scrum Masters and any leader supporting a software development team's efficiency and effectiveness. This course covers the Scrum basics, including the principles and theory underpinning the mechanics, rules, and roles of the Scrum framework. Based on these foundational insights, attendees learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of software products. In addition, advanced thinking tools are introduced to support servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and addressing the organization.
Students learn through interactive instruction and team-based exercises, and are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to understand better what to do when returning to the workplace.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules, and artifacts
- Done and undone work
- Product delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders based on an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Students can effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
Who Should Attend
The Professional Scrum Master course targets Scrum Masters, but the lessons apply to anyone in a role that supports a software development team’s efficiency, effectiveness, and continual improvement. If you are a leader in the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise, this course is likely to be a good fit.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Understand the basics of project management
- Understand requirements and requirements decomposition
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and/or Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification.
In class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
What Is Included
- Soft copy of course materials
- One free attempt at the PSM I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value
- if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- One discounted attempt at the PSM II assessment (does not expire) - normally $250, discounted to $150
About The Trainer
Mark Wavle has been licensed to teach Scrum.org courses since 2016, having taken the PSM class from Ken Schwaber. Since then, he has taught thousands of students in hundreds of Scrum.org classes: Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), and Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E) - excellent, impactful courses that are well-maintained by the community of trainers.
He's been an employee in and consultant for Fortune 500 companies, regional organizations, and non-profits, working as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, course designer, Leadership Coach, Practice Manager, and National Agile Lead. The diverse industries include medical decide manufacturing, medical insurance, P&C insurance, retail, banking, PLM software, and utilities.
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
Additionally, Unstuck Careers is officially recognized as a member of the Scrum.org Professional Training Network. This means we align with the Scrum Values, have Scrum.org trainers who teach a qualifying number of Scrum.org Professional Scrum classes, and are committed to improving the profession of software delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "Mark is passionate about Scrum, which makes him a fantastic teacher. I learned so much in our digital class. Thank you for all of the insight and knowledge!!"
- "After this class, I have many ideas now on how to work with management on how to lead in an agile setting."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "Mark's hands-on experience helping organizations implement Scrum comes across clearly in his teachings. Great instructor, great material, great tools, very thorough."
- "Real-life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
- "I would take another class with Mark in a heartbeat."