Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, November 29-30, 2023
This Class Is Guaranteed to Run!
Register for this class with confidence as it's guaranteed to run as scheduled.
Leading Edge Training for Scrum Masters & Servant Leaders
Scrum.org's 2-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course was initially developed in 2009 by the co-creator of Scrum, Ken Schwaber and has evolved over the years under Ken's leadership with the contributions of Scrum.org's 300+ Professional Scrum Trainers across the world.
Through a combination of instruction and exercises, you’ll learn the underlying theory and principles of the Scrum Framework with a focus on the role of Scrum Master and how Scrum can help manage changing priorities, increase productivity and accelerate product delivery. In addition, you'll be provided techniques and tools to facilitate behavioral change and cultivate servant leadership.
After participating in this class, you'll receive credentials to attempt the PSM I assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSM I Certification. Earning your PSM I Certification makes you part of an elite community of 500,000+ PSM I badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
Special VIP Student Ticket Packages
Want to Maximize Your Learning Experience? Upgrade Your Student Ticket to VIP!
VIP Ticket Packages add two hours of one-on-one Live Virtual Coaching with your Professional Scrum Trainer (who also serves as an Enterprise Agile Coach) to help you get the most from your learning experience.
You can use your two Live Virtual Coaching hours for guidance and mentoring in multiple ways, including:
- Planning - Collaborate on applying what you've learned in class to your work.
- Development - Ask additional questions and dig deeper on topics of interest.
- Certification - Obtain advice on passing assessments and earning certifications related to your course.
Interested? Select the VIP Student Ticket Package option when registering and we'll coordinate with you to schedule your Live Virtual Coaching hours. Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844.BE.AGILE with any questions.
Class Pricing Options:
- VIP Student Ticket Package: USD 1795; Limited Availability.
- Student Ticket: USD 1395; Black Friday Promo: Apply 500 Discount Code pumpkin
- Early Bird Student Ticket: USD 995; Limited Number Remaining.
- Group Offer: Buy 2 Tickets & Get 1 Free; Limited Availability.
Registration for this class has closed
Who Should Attend?
Following the PSM course, you'll have learned how to perform the following:
Help Scrum Teams deliver value from an in-depth understanding of servant leadership.
Apply the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism; articulate how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory.
Navigate through uncertainty and complexity in product delivery.
Define what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency.
Use the Product Backlog to plan with agility.
Explain the importance of self-managing teams and necessary interpersonal skills.
Describe the leadership role of a Scrum Master.
Explain the skills, traits and behavior shifts needed to be a Scrum Master.
Describe the meaning and importance of the Scrum values.
Effectively start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
The PSM course is a mix of lecture, case studies and interactive exercises as you collaborate with other students:
- Scrum Theory & Principles
- How variables can lead to complexity.
- Relating complexity and management styles.
- Predictive and empirical approaches to problems.
- Exploring the advantages of Agility.
- Scrum and the three legs of empiricism.
- The Scrum Framework
- What's needed for Scrum?
- Exploring accountability.
- Scrum roles, events and artifacts.
- Examining the value of time-boxing.
- Scrum values and empiricism.
- Done and Undone
- Can quality become a habit?
- Technical debt and addressing its effect.
- Understanding the importance of Done.
- Defining "potentially releasable".
- Impacts of not defining Done.
- Product Delivery with Scrum
- Why Plan Product Development with Scrum?
- Techniques for Product Backlog ordering and valuation.
- Methods of Product Backlog organization.
- Techniques for estimating size of Product Backlog Items.
- Planning and forecasting.
- Monitoring and reporting progress.
- People and Teams
- Great teams.
- Intrinsic motivation.
- Scrum Values.
- Stages of Group Development.
- The Scrum Master
- Experiencing positive leadership.
- Choices of servant leaders.
- How will you help others improve?
- Responsibilities of a Scrum Master.
- Scrum Master skills and traits.
After completing a Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course, you'll receive credentials to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment and earn the industry-recognized PSM I Certification. These credentials never expire, however should you attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days after receiving your credentials and not receive a passing score, you'll be granted a 2nd attempt for no additional fee.
Earning your PSM I Certification will make you part of an elite community of 500,000+ PSM I badge holders from around the globe and unlike other Scrum training and certification organizations, your certification will never expire nor require future renewal fees.
This Class Will Be Held Virtually
This Professional Scrum Master (PSM) class will be one of Scrum.org's selected live Virtual Classes. Prior to class, registered students will receive guidance and credentials to prepare for and participate in our PSM class remotely. If you have any questions or we can provide any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 844-BE-AGILE.