Professional Scrum Master II Live Virtual Class, Mar 4-5, 2021
An Advanced Scrum Master Class
Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course is a 2-day advanced Scrum Master class designed to support Scrum Masters in their professional development. The PSM II course is intended for Scrum Masters with at least one year of experience who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities as a Scrum Master. This course is one step in that journey. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognised Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certification exam.
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterise an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organisation.
The course then teaches students about related practices and skills to enable them to have the right types of conversations and how to apply them to become better Scrum Masters.
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as how the principles and values of Scrum help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make and how the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams, creating an environment for agility to thrive.
The Scrum Master role is complex and often, a Scrum Master must be able to apply different stances in order to be effective, such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
The PSM-II Class covers the following subject areas:
- Why Scrum: Refresh what empiricism is and how it manifests in Scrum. Learn what professionalism means in product delivery and how it relates to Scrum.
- Scrum framework: Use the Scrum Principles & Values as a guide to the many challenging situations that a Scrum Master faces.
- Understanding and engaging people & teams: Learn how Scrum Masters can create engaging and trusting environments.
- Growing people & teams: Learn how to support the self-organisation of Development Teams by acting as a Servant-Leader.
- Agile product management: Learn how a Scrum Master can support the Product Owner in the successful delivery of valuable products.
- Organisation: Learn what a Scrum Master can do to help organisations embrace Agility and be emphatic to those with other views.
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
As a Scrum Master, part of your role is to help management and other stakeholders across your organisation understand the benefits of Scrum and Agile. Therefore, it is imperative that you have the information and background that is needed to gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent. Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more.
There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
Who Should Attend?
- The Professional Scrum Master II course is an advanced course specifically designed for experienced Scrum Masters who have a thorough understanding of the Scrum framework.
- It is particularly beneficial for those people with at least one year of Scrum Master experience.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
What Is Included:
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Master (PSM-II) certification exam (if taken within 14 days of the course)
- 40% discount for the PSM III certification exam
- 14 PDUs from the Project Management Institute (Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment.)
- Electronic copy of the course materials
- Refreshments & Lunch
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master II course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master II assessment, and are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM III assessment. These industry-recognized PSM certifications require a minimum passing score on these rigorous assessments.
Professional Scrum Master II (Included In The Price Of The Course)
People who have passed PSM II, achieving certification, demonstrate an advanced level of Scrum mastery. PSM II certificate holders prove that they have an understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and can effectively apply Scrum in complex, real-world situations.
Professional Scrum Master III
People who have passed PSM III, achieving certification, demonstrate a distinguished level of Scrum mastery. PSM III certificate holders have a deep understanding of the application and practices of Scrum and the Scrum Values in a variety of complex team and organisational situations.
All participants who complete the Professional Scrum Master course receive a key to take the PSM II certification exam. The certification exam is done online; After the course, all students receive a key to take the exam, which consists of 30 questions and a duration of 90 minutes
No Renewal Costs!
Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them. Once you pass the assessment, you will retain that certification, you will be listed on the Scrum.org website and remain there forever with no additional future costs.
What Did Previous Attendees Think Of The Course?
Price: GBP 1100
Steve has over 20 years of IT experience in various roles, ranging from scrum master for various development teams, technical architect on high profile projects to a developer who is just happy to be coding away. During this time, Steve has worked for sector-leading companies BSkyB, Nestle UK and Procter & Gamble whilst also working for small to medium enterprises to help them to grow their business by supporting their development processes and the teams within.
In addition to being a trainer, Steve is a TOGAF certified architect and a former Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.
Steve has worked in various teams (Scrum and none Scrum) so comes packed with real life stories. From Start Ups building the next social media network up to large corporations handling thousands of transactions a second. If you want to learn from someone who has been there and done it, then Steve would be able to share experiences to help you on your way.
Andy is a highly experienced agile practitioner, Scrum coach and Professional Scrum Trainer.
Over his 13 years of working in both the private and public sector, he has developed an deep understanding of the challenges around organisational complexity and the impact on delivery teams and behaviour.
His first agile experience was working as part of a small development team within the British Computing Society. It was there that Andy learned the true value of how close stakeholder interaction with rapid feedback can lead to teams producing great results while retaining a significant focus on return on investment and business value.
Andy has worked with software delivery for both product and service organisations. He is an experienced Scrum Coach with recent examples of his ability to build up new Scrum teams through to becoming highly successful Scrum delivery practitioners.
A firm believer that great teams build great products, Andy strives for success and in doing so displays his experience and passion for agile in every engagement.
What do People Think About Our Courses?
Thinking about attending?
Some of the companies where we have previously delivered training: