Professional Scrum Product Owner Live Virtual Class, Sep 12-13, 2020
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
PSPO is a 2-day course that covers the role and accountability of the Product Owner on a Scrum Team and within the organization.
Professional Scrum Product Owner is THE cutting-edge course for effective Product Ownership. It explores the worldwide challenge that many Scrum implementations run into, i.e. how should business people and product managers engage in Scrum and collaborate with Scrum Development Teams?
The Professional Scrum Product Owner class focuses on the core expectation for Product Owners to maximize the value of the work done for a software product, thereby serving customers, users and the organization.
Read my blog on the 15 Crucial Responsibilities of an entrepreneurial Product Owner.
- Class objectives & challenges in Agile journey
- Agile Product Management
- Modeling Business Strategy
- Visioning and Techniques for Visioning
- Value-Driven Development
- Value Metrics – Innovation Rate, On-Product Index, etc
- Scrum Theory & Empiricism
- The complexity of Software Product Development
- The Scrum Framework
- Roles, Events, and Artifacts
- Product Backlog Management
- Product Backlog
- Roadmap and Release Planning
- User story writing / Specification by Example / BDD
- Story Mapping
- Release Management
- Estimation, Velocity, and Predictability
Students are challenged to think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when they return to their workplaces.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and how the role of the Product Owner fits in
- Students can act as a Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders
- Students can effectively increase the business agility of their organization
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course is targeted to Product Owners and anyone else accountable for maximizing value delivered by software products and services. Scrum Masters benefit from this course as their role often includes coaching Product Owners.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions, and hands-on exercises.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (recommended)
- Have an understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team or through having taken part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
What will students receive as part of this training:
- A copy of my book, "Scrum Insights for Practitioners: A Scrum Guide Companion" - Attested by the best Scrum experts in the industry Gunther Verheyen, Steve Porter, and Charles Bradley.
- After training coaching and guidance
- A thorough practical understanding of the product ownership role.
Recommendations on Hiren Doshi's Training:
Hiren has a very practical way of teaching, and he makes the students think out of the box and cultivates a habit of finding the answers on their own, so that they truly understand Scrum. This helped me not only to crack the certification but also to understand the gaps that we have in our Scrum team. Though I know the change within my teams will take time, but if everyone is coached the same way, as Hiren did, then it will make the change more acceptable. Rakhee, JPMC
Excellent enthusiasm, great teaching style, a very interesting, informative and entertaining session of 2 days. Very knowledgeable and we got answers to all of our questions. Not using slides is a very good idea. Will definitely attend any other course by Hiren. Student, Tavant Technologies
Very engrossing session primarily due to great involvement with the course content that the trainer brings with him. Never a dull moment during the 2 day training period. Great Energy, Fantastic delivery and exemplary knowledge and examples which enlightened me with good knowledge of Scrum. Avishek Sengupta, Maersk
Professional Training Network ProviderPractice Agile Solutions
Registration for this class has closed