Professional Scrum Master™ II
Prove Your Advanced Knowledge of Scrum
The Professional Scrum MasterTM level II (PSM II) assessment is available to anyone who wishes to demonstrate his or her ability to apply the Scrum framework to solving advanced, complex problems in the real world. Those that pass the assessment will receive the industry recognized PSM II Certification as an indication of their advanced knowledge and abilities pertaining to Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master.
Anyone attempting the PSM II should have advanced Scrum knowledge, in-depth Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The PSM II assessment is very difficult, and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
Prepare for the Assessment
The assessment is exhaustive and rigorous. Many questions ask you to think about or interpret the meaning from the Scrum Guide, apply content from the PSM II subject areas, as well as application of your own experience.
Reading the Scrum Guide and taking the Open Assessments alone isn't enough preparation and we recommend reviewing the content below:
- The assessment covers topics from multiple Focus Areas defined by the Professional Scrum Competencies and detailed on the PSM II Suggested Reading page. Questions will be selected at random from the Focus Areas listed.
- Many questions ask you to think about or interpret the meaning from the Scrum Guide and how you would apply Scrum within a Scrum Team.
- The Scrum Master learning path contains many additional resources to help you prepare to take the PSM II Assessment.
- Since this is an advanced Scrum Master certification, reading content from the Product Owner, Agile Leader, and Development Team Member learning paths may also be helpful.
- Attending the 2-day Professional Scrum Master II course is highly recommended. Find additional information to help you prepare for the PSM Assessment and ways to learn about Scrum.
All of our assessments are in English, many test takers successfully use the Google Translate Plugin to take the assessment. Here is a support article to help you.
Accommodations for Physical or Intellectual Disabilities
We take these considerations very seriously, and examine each case individually. Please contact email@example.com regarding your circumstances and we can advise you on next steps.
To protect the integrity of the certification process, Scrum.org does not share information about the specific questions that were answered correctly or incorrectly. Learn More
The cost of PSM II is $250 USD. Assessment passwords do not expire and remain valid until used. See more details below.
Professional Scrum Master™ II Details
- Fee: $250 USD
- Passing score: 85%
- Time limit: 90 minutes
- Number of Questions: 30 (partial credit provided on some questions)
- Difficulty: Advanced
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer and True/False
- Language: English only
- Free Credly digital credential included
- PSM II Subject Areas
- The Scrum Guide
- Ways to Learn More to help you prepare
- Required course: None
- Recommended courses: Professional Scrum Master and Professional Scrum Master II
- Recommended Certification: PSM I
- Practice assessments: PSM I, PSPO I, PSD I, Scrum Open
- Passwords have no expiration date, but are valid for one attempt only
When you purchase a password, it is set up in our system and emailed to you within one business day.
If you pass the PSM II assessment you will receive the industry-recognized "PSM II" certification, along with a PSM II logo that you can use to identify your achievement. In addition, your name will be listed on Scrum.org.
Unlike other Scrum certifications that require only class attendance, Scrum.org certification requires a minimum score on an online assessment. This gives Scrum.org certification teeth and ensures that it has true value in the marketplace.