Suggested Reading for Professional Scrum Product Owner™ II
Prove Your Advanced Knowledge of the Product Owner Accountabilities
PSPO II includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies. This is an advanced Product Owner certification and the greatest emphasis will be on Focus Areas listed under Managing Products with Agility followed by Focus Areas from Evolving the Agile Organization.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism, Scrum Values, Scrum Team, Events, Artifacts, Scaling
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Vision, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Business Strategy, Stakeholders & Customers
- Evolving the Agile Organization:
- Organizational Design & Culture, Portfolio Planning, Evidence Based Management™
While taking a course is never required the Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced: Mastering the Product Owner Stances course is highly recommended preparation. Even then a 2-day class will not be sufficient preparation for most people to pass the PSPO II. The resources listed on this page will help you to prepare.
Scrum.org Learning Paths:
- Product Owner Learning Path
- Review the valuable series of articles, blogs, videos and more that pertain to the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide released on November 18, 2020.
Blog Series - The Stances of the Product Owner:
Preferred Product Owner Stances
- The Visionary
- The Customer Representative
- The Decision Maker
- The Collaborator
- The Influencer
- The Experimenter
Misunderstood Product Owner Stances
- Scrum Guide 2020 Update - Introducing the Product Goal
- Product Backlog Myths
- Scrum Values
- 10 Tips for Product Owners on the Product Vision
- Delegation Poker and Delegation Boards
- A Summary of the 10 Scrum Myths
- The Professional Scrum Product Owner by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham
- What Customers Want: Using Outcome-Driven Innovation to Create Breakthrough Products and Services by Anthony Ulwick
- The Product Samurai: A Product Manager’s Guide to Continuous Innovation by Chris Lukassen
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced: Mastering the Product Owner Stances
Additional Scrum Resources:
- Familiarize yourself with the Scrum glossary.
- Read articles on our Blog, written by our expert Professional Scrum Trainers.
- Join the Scrum.org Forum discussions.
- Search the Scrum.org Resources page.
- View the What is Scrum page.
- Build your Scrum muscle memory by engaging in discussions and practicing Scrum fundamentals with your team.