Scaled Professional Scrum Certification
Prove Your Knowledge of Scaling Scrum and the Nexus Framework
An intermediate-level assessment, Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) is available to anyone who wishes to validate his or her depth of knowledge of the scaling Scrum and the Nexus™ Framework. Those that pass this assessment will receive the industry recognized SPS certification that demonstrates their mastery of the content.
Taking a Scrum.org course is not required although the Scaled Professional Scrum course is highly recommended. If you feel that you already possess a high level knowledge of how to scale Scrum and the Nexus Framework, you have the option to take the SPS assessment directly.
Scaled Professional Scrum certification indicates that you:
- Understand how to manage and participate in scaled software and product development using Nexus
- Know the appropriate agile practices and scaling fundamentals you could apply to multiple Scrum teams working together
Scaled Professional Scrum certification is the only publicly available assessment of your knowledge on scaling Scrum and agility.
Prepare for the Assessment
The assessment is exhaustive and rigorous. Many questions ask you to think about or interpret the meaning from the Scrum Guide, Nexus Guide and in some cases, apply your own experience. Study the Scaled Professional Scrum with Nexus Practices and additional resources.
The cost of SPS is $250 USD. See more details below.
Scaled Professional Scrum Certification Details
- Fee: $250 USD per attempt
- Passing score: 85% or greater
- Time limit: 60 minutes
- Number of Questions: 40
- Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple Answer, and True/False
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Language: English only
- Related Guide: Nexus Guide
- Required course: None
- Recommended course: Scaled Professional Scrum Workshop
- Ways to Learn More to help you prepare
- Practice Assessment: Nexus Open
- Passwords have no expiration date, but are valid for one attempt only
When you purchase a password, it is set up in our system and emailed to you within one business day. All students who attend the SPS workshop are emailed a password upon completion of the course (typically within 3-5 business days).**
If you pass the Scaled Professional Scrum assessment you will receive the industry-recognized "SPS" certification, along with a badge that you can use to identify your achievement. Your name will be posted publicly for colleagues, managers, and potential employers to see.
Unlike other Scrum certifications that require only class attendance, Scrum.org certification requires a minimum score on an online assessment. Attending a course is neither required nor sufficient. This gives Scrum.org certification true value in the marketplace.